- 1 Large cauliflower (leaves cut off), broken into pieces
- 500ml milk
- 4 tbsp flour
- 50g butter
- 120g Nantwich Cheese Co. Cheddar, Herbs and Garlic
- 2-3 tbsp breadcrumbs
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, then add the cauliflower and cook for 5 mintues - lift out a piece to test, it should be cooked. Drain and pour into overproof dish.
- Heat oven to 200-220C, put saucepan back on the heat and add the milk, flour and butter. Keep whisking fast as the butter melts and the mixture comes to the boil - the flour will disappear and the sauce will begin to thicken. Whisk for 2 minutes while the sauce bubbles and becomes nice and thick. Turn off the heat, pour in most of the cheese and pour over the cauliflower. Scatter over the remaining cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Pop in the oven and bake for 20 minutes until bubbling (Its a good idea to bake this while your chicken is cooling)